I have never really been a procrastinator. Not really. But...I tend to prioritize then re-prioritize and then shuffle and then change my priorities... You get the picture. One thing that I need to make a top priority is my health. I am in good health so I shuffle it off and put other things first, but as I age, I feel things going on in my body that I do not like. Some I will not be able to change, but shame on me if I don't change the ones I can.
I need to lose 20 pounds. I would be healthier. I would be happier. My clothes would fit better. I feel better about myself when I look better. This is my priority. I have been shuffling this off for too long. I love to exercise, but I often find myself planning my exercise and then next thing you know it is 9:00 pm. Jeff is sleeping and I'm trying to get the boys to bed and my tub and a book wins out over exercises another day. Early morning exercise is out of the question and at age 42, I have finally realized it and don't even kid myself into setting an alarm. For a long time, the noon hour was my exercise salvation. I think it will have to be again. It is one of the only times that I can truly call my own. The "errands" that have been taking up my noon hour need to find another time because I need that hour to take care of me!
But...if I'm being honest. What I really need to focus on is putting less bad food in my mouth. Less food period. Breakfast - fine. Lunch on work days when I exercise - fine. Lunch while I"m running errands - usually poor choices because I eat in my car. Snacks at my house and the dinner hour and the hours before bedtime - HORRIBLE! These are the times that I am busy, I am stressed, and I EAT. I am totally a stress eater!
I need to drink more water.
I need to eat less sweets.
I need to eat less potato chips.
I need to eat less bread.
If I could do just these few things, I would lose weight, even if I don't exercise.
So....today is Jeff's birthday. What a wonderful husband I have that in the 20 years we have been married, I have never heard him utter a word about my weight. I have been up and I have been down but he loves me for who I am not what I look like and that is a wonderful feeling. I am starting today, on his birthday, to make myself feel better. I make myself happier. I make myself healthier. I can do it! I will do it! Starting right now!
I hope to use this blog site to put my feelings into words and let myself look back and see how determined I am this beautiful morning to be healthier!
No comments:
Post a Comment